Welcome back to Tuesday's Takeaways. The theme for our Top Quotes this week revolves around the National Days of Prayer and Remembrance.
Pain and destruction are handled differently by every person.
Some turn to praying-
1. "prayers on my knees, sinking to the floor in bloody hallelujahs."
-Mic Braun, TIL DEATH DO US PART
2. "Shivering, alone, shaking in fright
Utterly alone to silently (anguishingly) pray
Think of tomorrow to get through the night"
-Mariam Esa, THE ENDLESS NIGHT
And others lean on the human side of the nation for comfort-
3. "Rest In Peace Americans [...]
I’m saying it as my last human to human connection to all."
4. "It’s funny to see how everyone deals with grief"
-Alyna Valderrama, #ThisIsAmerica
but the vacuum left can be felt by all.
5. "Someone screamed of sadness and then I heard it. Can you hear it? Nothing."
-Monia Begum, LISTEN
6. "One day you were here, the next you were not; Time has stopped. I feel the loss again and again."
-Sara Ahisar, A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE
We at Brooklyn College wish to pay our respects to the fallen on 9/11. Please join in front of the library steps at 12:30 PM on Wednesday for a march on the East quad and a moment of silence in honor of those who lost their lives on that day.
Next week's theme is going to be heartbreak.
Stay tuned! <3
-Mic and Gina
Stuck in the loop
Stuck in the Library is proud to present Tuesday's Takeaways, a new segment on our blog!
Each week we will post some of our favorite quotes from past publications.
Be sure to comment on your favorite quotes, and
make sure to stay tuned!
- Mic and Gina <3
Posts published here are opinionated feature articles written by the Brooklyn College community.